Thursday, September 18, 2008

Excuses, Excuses



Hiya. So I can hear you ask "Minty, where the heck have you been?" I've been here and there and everywhere. Wanted to post for a while but I'm so rusty at this point. Until I get back in the swing of things I shall utilize the beloved bullet-style post:

  • I'm totally in denial that summer is over. It's gonna be a long, hard winter. (For all you Office fans out there "That's what she said!")


  • D and I completely gutted the basement and redid it. I asked for a remodeled family room for Christmas (2007). By the time St Patrick's Day rolled around I was no closer to having a lick of work done. I, of course, took that opportunity to remind D that I purchased him a limited edition Gibson electric robot guitar for X-mas and unless he wanted to lose it in the divorce he better get off his ass and start knocking down walls. It turned out beautiful. However I only invite over people who pretend not to notice the unevenness of the ceiling.

The Boy is a 3rd grader. Where has the time gone?? I took him for his annual physical over the summer and he's at the 90th percentile for height. I noticed that he had a lot of female admirers at his summer camp which he was completely oblivious to. Unless you can throw a baseball 20 feet he doesn't have time for you.


  • The Girl turned 4 and is now in preschool. Her will is so strong and I struggle with raising her without breaking it. D is so tightly wound around her tiny pinkie it's not even funny.


The kids on the first day of school (September, 08)





  • My sister Dr J and her hubby bought a house way put in the boonies. Her husband is convinced that I've given Dr J some magic elixir that causes her to want to become a suburban soccer mom.

  • I received wedding invitations from 2 fellow bloggers. Congrats to The Box and Me. Both of their wedding albums make me want to marry D again just so we can get a better photographer.
  • I met my first blogging friend! Had lunch with Beks and her friend Betty (and Betty's adorable son). Everyone was great and hopefully Beks wasn't too disappointed when she met me. ; )
I'm in Southern California all next week for work which I'm kinda excited about. The weather is supposed to be wonderful AND I'll have my own quiet hotel room to watch all the season premieres.


























Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger neha vish says...

They look all grown up suddenly! :)

Fri Sep 19, 01:50:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Pheno'Menon' says...

Bullet comments .

1#I cant read a thing with that dark font you have . Either change the text font or the background font .

2#Your kids look extremely cute . If you know a little bit of malayalam somewhere , there is something called as 'kannu thattum/kannu pedum' :P . That thing could very well happen to ur kids . Check out with your mom , what that is , and what can be done about it . (Dont worry now , there is nothing serious) .

3#Post more if possible

Fri Sep 19, 03:47:00 AM CDT  
Blogger That Girl says...

FINALLY a post!!! i was SO hoping for one all the while.
wow!! Box got married!! that is so cool!! i feel like... kinda old now!! so many things happen while blogging!!!

good to see you back Mint!

Fri Sep 19, 06:45:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

yay! you're back. I remember a pic of your kids from last year - they really have grown.

btw, why do we always say that? "they've really grown".

isn't it only natural that they'll grow? :)

no more excuses now - keep blogging.

Fri Sep 19, 09:15:00 AM CDT  
Blogger hillgrandmom says...

heyyy, great to see you back in blogosphere.

Sat Sep 20, 11:16:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Rohini says...

Well look who's back. If you insist you doing this annual darshan thingy, you are going to get predictable comments about how the kids have grown ;-). They have!!!

Tue Sep 23, 06:35:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

yipee! you are back! I have told my husband that we can have kids, if they end up looking like yours!!

Mon Oct 06, 09:58:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Wandernut says...

babe if you're gonna blog every few months, you're long overdue.

miss you! :)

Wed Nov 05, 07:58:00 AM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

Hi Mint- am back. Let's catch up sometime.
-Sunrayz

Sun Nov 30, 01:42:00 AM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Sat Nov 14, 10:51:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home