Tuesday, January 06, 2009

The Bones of You



I started the New Year with such a great attitude but then I had a little bit of a set-back yesterday and now all I want to do is crawl in bed and sleep until Spring comes. Why do we live in Chicago? I suppose it's a rhetorical question but perhaps subconsciously I want someone to give me one good reason. It's cold. And one minute there wasn't any snow and then I took a shower and suddenly the ground was covered in white like the trees had a major case of dandruff. With D's unemployment we're going to have to postpone our Ireland/Scottland trip this year which bites. I also have some sort of annoying eye ailment. I thought it was an errant eyelash that keeps poking me but I can't seem to get it out. In the meantime I keep randomly winking like I'm using my eyelids to talk in Morse code. The mailman must have thought that I REALLY appreciated him bringing me the 2009 IKEA catalog. *sigh*

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger sinusoidally says...

Aww, from one crappy weather city to another - today I drove in freezing rain tomorrow I shall brave the sleet. Don't let the blues set in so early Mint Chutney, you got rest of the year for that. Cheer up!

Tue Jan 06, 10:53:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

hey! atleast it's not Calgary?! :)

Take care of your health.

x

Tue Jan 06, 11:52:00 PM CST  
Blogger shakester says...

good to see you back Mint. sorry to hear about D's job. hope things are all ok. I know the feeling of the New Year but the old exhaustion/lethargy. But get that spunky attitude from the 1st back, please.

Thu Jan 08, 11:18:00 AM CST  
Blogger lawyeramma says...

hey, get that eye checked. happy new year to you....hope your holiday was good.

Thu Jan 08, 11:52:00 PM CST  
Blogger Primalsoup says...

Is she really back?

Wed Jan 14, 03:05:00 AM CST  
Blogger AB says...

And she returns:-)

Welcome back girl!

Wed Jan 14, 06:24:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home